Friday, March 02, 2007

Hag Sameach: The Whole Megilah E- book


Hello Folks!

I had an Idea last night of something that can help both you and me

For several years I have been working on an illustrated translation of the Book of Esther, complete with Commentary from Talmud, Midrash and the two Targumim of Esther. I also included some of my own commentary interspersed through the commentary, sort of channeling Rashi. I also included some of my own watercolors of the women who make up the story of Esther.

This Esther translation was used at the Beth Emet: the Free Synagogue Retreat just before last Purim as one of our primary texts, with a lot of positive comments. It's funny sexy, and gives a view of the story as the R-rated book of Sex, Booze and Heads a'rollin the Talmudic Rabbis thought it was .

So for you blogging types, I'm going to make an offer to you. Send me an e-mail with your name and e-address. and I will send you a link to the site where you can download the E-book.

I'm building my list and wondering how many people read the blog or go to my website, so I'm gathering statistics, and when I start Publishing e-books next fall, I'll notify you directly. This information will only be used for that purpose. I'm not selling it to spammers or anyone else - its for my eyes only.

You can send your requests to shlomo@shlomosdrash.com and send a post with your name and the address you want the link sent to.

No comments: